To help as many people as possible in our community become growing Christians, training them to become missionaries in their families, neighbourhoods, and workplaces, all for the glory of Christ. Shorter version: to make disciple-making disciples of Jesus for God’s glory.
- Worship. We believe everybody’s worshipping something. Ourselves, money, entertainment, sex, spirituality, whatever. Yet we were meant and created for so much more—namely, to worship, love, and glorify our Creator and be in union with Him. He is our ultimate goal, passion, and destiny. Because of this, we seek to worship and honour God in everything we do as a church, from our Sunday services, how we respond to the poor both locally and globally, how we approach sexuality, how we carry ourselves at home and at work, how we spend our money, how we treat the environment, how we communicate with Him in prayer—it’s all encompassing. He means everything to us, and we centre our community around Jesus. Why? Because He gave all for us when He came to earth as a human being, took upon Himself the punishment for our sins on the cross and died, rose from the dead three days later, and now reigns as the Immortal King of the Universe. And when we believe in Him, He transforms us into a new person, adopts us into His family, and rescues us from death, hell, and hopelessness. And we now love and worship Jesus because He first loved us.
- Mission. Many people today feel like rats on a treadmill—doing the same meaningless routines day in and day out, feeling unsure about where their life is headed or why they’re here. We believe we are all designed for mission. Our mission comes directly from Jesus, which is to make disciples and start new churches. In other words, we want to help people know Christ and experience community with Him and with each other. This happens not only by compellingly communicating the Gospel on Sunday mornings—it also occurs via the conduit of relationships: offering hospitality to our neighbours, developing friendships with our co-workers, and taking spiritual responsibility in our immediate and extended families. All of these relationships are critical, and we will take risks and boldly, respectfully, and relevantly share and embody the message of Christ. Why? Because we love people as God does and we’re concerned for their spiritual well-being and destiny.
- Community. The cruel tragedy about our society is that despite the fact that our cities are growing rapidly and becoming more and more condensed, we are increasingly lonely and more isolated than ever. We believe that loneliness is one of the greatest causes of depression, marriage breakdown, and all kinds of destructive sinful behaviors. We were made for community, with God, with His people, just as God Himself lives in community as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Like a family provides care, support, accountability, and encouragement to each other, we are also a family that does the same. We believe that our lives will only be changed and transformed to the degree that we are experiencing and practising community.
- Service. Jesus epitomizes who a servant is and what a servant does. He gave His life for us on the cross. We want to serve others like Jesus. We are all called to be servants, serving others inside and outside the church. Since God has given each Christian a spiritual gift, we each must find and humbly use our gift to build and strengthen the church. Each person’s gift is critical and necessary to our mission—no one is greater than any other.
- We believe in the one and only God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as revealed in the Bible and made known in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus the divine Son became human, was born of a virgin, ministered in word and miracle, died for our sin, was raised bodily from the dead, ascended to God’s right hand, and is coming again for His people.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is presently ministering through the Christian community, empowering lives of godliness and service.
- We believe that the Bible is completely God-breathed, true and infallible in all its teaching, and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that Jesus Christ established His Church on earth to carry out His saving mission among all ethnic people groups and formed her to be one holy people.
- We believe in God’s saving grace that calls forth from all people: faith, repentance, confession, baptism, and new life and ministry through the Spirit.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that all people are either resurrected and experience eternal life with God forever, or resurrected and destined to be separated from God forever in hell.
- And we commit ourselves to the teaching, practice and defence of these truths until the coming of our Lord Jesus.
We are a non-denominational, evangelical, “biblically orthodox” church that belongs to a group of churches commonly called Christian Churches. There are approximately 70 Christian Churches in Canada, and thousands in the United States, with over 1 million people in North America.